Quote Originally Posted by Big H View Post
Assuming daily use - how often are you plugging it in ?

For longer range EV's (400km+ per charge), it's obviously not a major issue, but fumbling about taking charger's out of the boot, plugging in and then having to repeat the (reverse) process again later in the evening (invariably in the pissing rain) would grow tiring after a while for many no doubt....
Its charged daily Mon-Fri in the office car park and occassionally at home at the weekends. Over recent months I've had another car taxed and that's what I've been mostly using at the weekends - e36 over the summer months, e63 now for the winter, so it does mean that the 530e isn't doing a great deal of weekend work when charging from the mains at home is painfully slow. Dithering means I still haven't put in a wall box there.

Re. cables, what you say is true. Even with this one, the Type 2 cable is always loose in the boot. The boot size is already compromised by the battery pack compared to a regular G30 so space lost with the cable, or things on the back seat rather than the boot, etc. is a little bit of a faff, but because we haven't had cause to fill the car to the gunwales for a holiday in Europe (or even more importantly been compromised in how much wine we can return with ) that hasn't been a significant real world problem thus far. As far as the wet and windy nights are concerned, practice means that the time spent getting wet hooking it up or unhooking it is a matter of seconds really.